I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me Phil. 4:13

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

New Level, New Devil

       My homeschool group, Arundel Homeschoolers, is hosting a National Day of Prayer event on May 3 2012. I am on the planning committee for this and several other events. While sitting at the table and discussing my ideas for this event the thought new level,new devil kept coming to mind.


     New Level, New Devil is a concept I learned while reading books by my favorite author, Joyce Meyer. This is what she has to say:


          "Anytime we step out to do something new, especially something new for God we will almost always       
           and almost imediately- face a negative circumstance that will try to discourage us or convince us we
           cannot do what God ask of us" 
           Joyce Meyer p. 31 Never Give Up!: Relentless Determination to Overcome Life's Challenges


     Months ago, I wrote this on an index card and put it in the pile of cards with things I want to remember on them. I put these cards on photo holder on my desk so I have a visual reminders. I used to write it all down in a bible study notebook but I never seems to remember those things. I need to have it right in front of my face.




     With all the new things I am doing I need this reminder so that when I begin to experience all the frustrations  and inconvences of life that I remember it's just satan jumping on my back and trying to stop me from doing good. It's never fun to deal with clogged toilets,sick kids,car accidents with uninsured drivers, traffic camera tickets,unexpected bills,surgury,strikes but it is a how lot eaiser when you realize you must be doing something right or satan would see no reason to bother with you.


  ,

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda,
    This is SO true! I am facing this right now. I just decided to step out in faith and be obedient to something that God has called me to do. I was immediately faced with discouragement!

    I think I'm going to take your idea about having the word 'right in front of my face.' Isn't that exactly where we need it? Oh, the importance of memorizing scripture!!
    -Audrey

    ReplyDelete