I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me Phil. 4:13

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Taste of Home

     I love to read magazines. Over the years I have subscribed to quite a few. But the only one my husband ever told me I needed to subscribe to is  Taste of Home  Of course he said that after I made some of their recipes. 


     I have been a subscriber for over 10 years  and I can honestly say I have never had a bad recipe from this magazine. I started subscribing way back when their motto was still "The Magazine Edited by 1000 County Cooks". Now days it is "From Families Just Like Yours"  Not sure why they think that is a better slogan. I'm sure lots of fast food families look at TOH and want to eat just like the families in the magazine but they know they are not just like them.


     I just got the February/March 2012 issues and it is drool worthy! I can't decide what to try first. Hmm... May-be the Buffalo- Style Chicken Chili Dip or the Chipotle Focaccia with Garlic Onion Topping. Either one would be great for Super Bowl Sunday. The Chicken Marsala with Gorgonzola looks so good I can taste it. The Key Lime Bars will definitely make the try list however I don't think the Orecchiette with Roasted Brussel Sprouts will be gracing my dinner table any time soon


     My family loves the recipes from Taste of Home. Below is a list of ten of our all time favorites.


What's for dinner tonight at your house?




Apple and Onion Beef Pot Roast  A diabetic recipe

Apple Streusel Muffins  The bookworm request this for every birthday

Apple Stuffed Pork Chops

BLT-Egg-Bake

Cantaloupe Chicken Salad   My DH loves to find this in his lunch box

Bavarian Meatballs   Another diabetic recipe

Blueberry Bars

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake  When I donated one for the dessert auction it sold for $75

Chocolate-Zucchini-Cupcakes  I can't believe my kids ate these.

Shipwreck  An all time family favorite except for the Lego King who will not touch it








No comments:

Post a Comment